1 red bell pepper sliced into 2 inch pieces
1/3 of a large red/yellow onion sliced into 2 inch pieces
1 large or 2 small carrots shredded (I just use the vegetable peeler to do this)
3/4 cup of frozen peas
2 cloves of garlic diced small or put through a garlic press
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Pinch of Cumin
Pepper to taste (the sauce has a ton of salt)
2-6 Tbsp of Stir Fry Sauce (you can get this in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
Meat: 1 lb of shrimp (what I used this time) - or -1 lb of tip steak cut into thin pieces - or - 1-2 chicken breasts cut into thin pieces
Serve over: Rice Noodles (made by Thai Kitchen, I found them at Meijer) or two servings of Long Grain White Rice cooked according to the bag.
- Put the olive oil, seasoning, cumin and pepper in the bottom of a large skillet and warm.
- Once warmed add all of the vegetables and the garlic to the mixture and cook until softened.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes (if you use any other meat, cook it first and then add veggies, the shrimp I bought were already cooked and just needed heated through)
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles/rice according to package instructions.
- Serve the veggies and meat over the noodles or rice and enjoy! I also like a little soy sauce on mine.